Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Main Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, and working closely with colleagues across the business, this role will require an experienced accounting professional with a broad range of booking keeping skills and experience, high professional standards and the ability to grow with the business. You will be accountable for maintaining the financial records and systems of the business on a monthly basis, and you will be the focal point for interaction with the company’s auditors.
In particular, you will:
- Support the CFO and line management in the development of annual budgets. Build and maintain a system of monthly management reporting in line with annual budgets
- Support the CFO for all year-end financial reporting, and preparation for audit and tax filing
- Support the CFO in preparation of financial information for meetings of the Board
- Manage the purchase ledger, develop and operate a robust system for purchase orders, their approval, and invoice approval, booking and payment
- Build and maintain a project accounting system to enable production of accounts specific to each research programme undertaken by Carrick Therapeutics, including monthly reporting
- Manage the financial implications of vendor/supplier contracts
- Operate, maintain a system for employee expenses
The Accounts Manager should have a profile that is closely aligned to the following.
- An appropriate accounting qualification. AAT level could be an acceptable minimum. Preferably you will have an ACCA or CIMA qualification
- 5+ years’ experience in the accounting profession, with an associated career track record of progress and increasing responsibilities
- Ideally, experience in the pharmaceuticals industry, or other areas of the life sciences sector
- Ideally, experience in a business that has operated across both the Republic of Ireland and The United Kingdom
- A work aptitude built on high work standards, timeliness, high standards of personal organisation and productivity, and complete integrity, trustworthiness and transparency in all aspects of your work
- The ability to provide meaningful and timely management information to support the business. Evidence of appropriate judgement.
- A positive, constructive and team-oriented work style, able to operate through influence and effective communication, and able to engage others around common goals
- High energy, commitment and willingness to align to the values of the business
To express interest in this position please send your current CV & Contact details here. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
Notice to Search Organisations:
At Carrick Therapeutics, we strive for the highest standards in handling applications and observance of equal opportunities. We do not accept unsolicited CVs sent by third parties and are under no obligation to either respond or react to them. If someone is interested in our company and what we have to offer, we advise them to contact us through the appropriate channels given above.