Reports To: Strategy & Portfolio Director
Main Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Strategy and Portfolio Director, and working closely with colleagues across the business, this role will require a seasoned business development professional or licensing executive with experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry. You will be a significant contributor to the commercial success of the business. You will be the focal point for market assessment, lead generation and development of licensing opportunities.
In particular, you will:
- Identify and secure in-licensing and co-development candidates to develop the product portfolio in line with Carrick’s goals.
- Play a pro-active role in the out-licensing of the Company’s product and technology assets
- Identify and develop potential licensees to enter feasibility programs, co-development programmes and term sheets
- Support the development of commercial justifications for new opportunities proposed for the Carrick portfolio
- Manage all aspects of the deal process in collaboration with, and with input from colleagues across the company; including planning, initiating and contract negotiation, and with a strong emphasis on completion
- Establishing and maintaining excellent business relations with partners, collaborators, licensees and potential new partners through appropriate networking
- Representing the company at company visits, conferences, trade shows, partnering meetings, and other events
The Business Development and Corporate Development Executive should have a profile that is closely aligned to the following.
- Degree level education, with a first degree ideally in a science discipline, and a further business qualification such as an MBA
- Membership of the Licensing Executives Society International would be an advantage
- To have performed roles in the pharmaceutical industry that provide demonstrable credentials in Business Development & Licensing
- Track record of achievements with deal sheets as evidence
- Good knowledge of fundamental terms of licensing agreements, good commercial practice and awareness of current market dynamics
- Strong financial skills and sound financial judgement
- Awareness of trends in the science underpinning products in our therapeutic areas
- Awareness of the commercial drivers in our sector
- A positive, constructive and team-oriented work style, able to operate through influence and effective communication, and able to engage others around common goals
- Well organised, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- High energy, commitment and willingness to align to the values of the business
To express interest in this position please send your current CV & Contact details here. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
Notice to Search Organisations:
At Carrick Therapeutics, we strive for the highest standards in handling applications and observance of equal opportunities. We do not accept unsolicited CVs sent by third parties and are under no obligation to either respond or react to them. If someone is interested in our company and what we have to offer, we advise them to contact us through the appropriate channels given above.