Reports To: Chief Scientific Officer
Main Roles & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, and working closely with colleagues across the research team and the whole organisation, this role will require a PhD scientist with substantial experience including work at a strategic, operational and team leadership level. You will be a significant contributor to the development of scientific strategy and portfolio management, and you will contribute to decisions about new compound chemistry, chemistry research, clinical and pre-clinical compound synthesis and formulation, as well as in-licensing opportunities.
In particular, you will:
- Design and lead the chemistry elements of each programme in the Carrick portfolio
- Contribute to the selection of CRO organisations and academic collaborators
- Advise and support data collection, sample collection, QC and regulatory processes with regard to chemistry
- Interact with formulation and CMC team members to ensure smooth transition from research to development chemistry with ongoing collaborative relationship to ensure project delivery success
- Lead and supervise other inputs directly from the chemistry team
Strategy and Portfolio
- Participate, in an expert role in the development of the research strategy.
- Contribute to the assessment of in-licensing decisions and acquisitions into the Carrick Therapeutics portfolio, including due diligence reviews of the chemistry package for each potential new asset.
The Principal Chemist should have a profile that is closely aligned to the following.
- PhD with a relevant thesis, plus first degree in chemistry or biochemistry
- Demonstrable track record of achievements, enabling the progression and development of compounds in pharmaceutical/biotech organisations
- Ten plus years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry or post-doc, with significant organisations
- A comprehensive understanding and deep appreciation of the entire project cycle from discovery, through pre-clinical and clinical development
- Experience of, and a track record in identification of candidates for drug nomination
- Ability to contribute to the development of compounds through formulation and CMC
- Ability to work effectively and achieve results in a multi-site organisation; co-operating with Carrick colleagues, external consultants, CROs and other stakeholders
- A positive, constructive and team-oriented work style, able to operate through influence and effective communication, and able to engage others around common goals
- Well organised, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- High energy, commitment and willingness to align to the values of the business
To express interest in this position please send your current CV & Contact details here. Your application will be treated in strict confidence.
Notice to Search Organisations:
At Carrick Therapeutics, we strive for the highest standards in handling applications and observance of equal opportunities. We do not accept unsolicited CVs sent by third parties and are under no obligation to either respond or react to them. If someone is interested in our company and what we have to offer, we advise them to contact us through the appropriate channels given above.