Carrick Therapeutics Website Privacy Notice
Carrick Therapeutics Ltd takes the privacy of your information seriously and we are committed to protecting all Personal Data provided to us through the use of the Carrick Therapeutics website, available at https://www.carricktherapeutics.com (the “Website”).
For the purposes of applicable data protection and privacy laws, Carrick Therapeutics Ltd (“our”, “us”, “we”), with its registered offices at Carrick Therapeutics Limited, a private company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of Ireland, with company number 558773, whose registered office address is at Arthur Cox Building, Earlsfort Terrace, Dublin 2, D02 CK83, Ireland is considered the “Controller” in respect of the Personal Data that it collects, uses and manages in accordance with this Privacy Notice (“Notice”).
This Notice explains what Personal Data we collect, how we may use and manage it and the rights you have in relation to your Personal Data. Before you provide us with any Personal Data or use our Website, you should read through this Notice in full and make sure that you are comfortable with our privacy practices. This Notice should be read alongside, and in addition to our Website Terms and Conditions which can be found in the footer of the Website.
Please also note that our Website may contain links to other websites, operated by third parties including social media websites. These third party sites are not subject to this Notice and we recommend that you check the privacy and security policies of each website that you visit. We are only responsible for the privacy and security of the Personal Data that we collect and have no control over the actions of any third parties in relation to your Personal Data.
Please refer to the Glossary below for an explanation of the defined terms in this Notice.
Personal Data we collect from you
We collect your Personal Data either when it is given to us by you, for example when you contact us via the Website and automatically when you use the Website.
Personal Data that is given to us by you:
- When contacting us. When you contact us through the Website we may collect: your contact information, such as your name, an email address; and a record of the communications.
- When signing up to receive Website notifications. When you sign up for Website notifications, including when we release new press releases or SEC filings, you may provide us with the following Personal Data about you: first name; last name; email address; your position (e.g. individual investor, analyst); and your notification preferences.
Personal Data that is collected automatically:
To the extent that you access the Website we may automatically collect the following categories of Personal Data from you automatically:
- Usage Data. We may collect technical data relating to your usage of the Website including the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Personal Data
We have set out in the table below, a description of the purposes for which we collect and Process your Personal Data and the legal bases we rely on to do so. The legal bases that apply to our Processing of your Personal Data are:
- Our legitimate interests.
- Your consent.
Where we are Processing your Personal Data on the basis of our legitimate interests, we have identified the relevant legitimate interests.
|Purpose/Activity||Legal basis for Processing|
|To monitor and analyse your usage of the Website in order to improve the Website.||This information is collected automatically (using analytics cookies). We only collect and use this personal data where we have your consent to do so.|
|To provide you with Website notifications, where you have opted in to receive such notifications.||Your name, contact details, position and notification preferences are provided to us by you when you opt-in to receive Website notifications. We only use this personal data where we have your consent to do so.|
|To respond to any communications or questions you send us.||You contact details and communication are provided to us by you when you contact us. We only use this personal data based on our legitimate interest (to provide users with information and to assist users).|
Who we share your Personal Data with
We may share your Personal Data with staff within Carrick Therapeutics Ltd and its affiliate companies who have a “need to know” that data for business or legal reasons, for example: to store Website notification preferences and E-mail alerts, to maintain the Website or to direct a query to the relevant team at Carrick? We and our affiliates are required to maintain the confidentiality of your Personal Data and are restricted from using it for any purpose other than the purposes set out in this Notice.
We and our affiliates may also disclosure your Personal Data to the following third parties:
- Our professional advisors, including lawyers, auditors and insurers to obtain legal or other professional advice.
- Public and government authorities, courts and regulators in order to respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation.
- Third party suppliers engaged by us (including suppliers of IT services and analytics providers) for the purposes of providing the Website to you or as may otherwise be necessary in connection with the Processing purposes identified in this Notice.
- Prospective sellers or buyers in the event that Carrick Therapeutics Ltd sells, buys or merges any business or assets.
Transfers of Personal Data outside the UK and EEA
In order to operate the Website, we and our affiliates may transfer your Personal Data and/or store it on servers located outside the UK and EEA. Where Personal Data is transferred outside the UK and EEA, we take legally required steps to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Personal Data and to make sure it is treated in accordance with the Notice. You can request a copy of the appropriate safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Personal Data in these circumstances by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping your Personal Data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss and unauthorised access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure. We aim to protect your Personal Data but unfortunately the transmission of information over the internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data and any transmission of your Personal Data to Carrick Therapeutics Ltd is at your own risk.
In addition, we limit access to your Personal Data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only Process your Personal Data on our instructions and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unless a longer retention period is required by law, we will only keep your Personal Data for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected (as outlined in this Notice). The period of time for which records are kept varies depending on the category of Personal Data. Details of retention periods for different categories of your Personal Data are available on request by contacting us at: email@example.com
Data protection laws give individuals rights in respect of their Personal Data. You have the following rights in relation to Personal Data held by us:
- Right to access - the right to request copies of the Personal Data we hold about you at any time.
- Right to correct - the right to have your Personal Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Personal Data from our systems.
- Right to object to or restrict our use of your Personal Data - the right to “block” us from using your Personal Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Personal Data.
- Right to withdraw consent – the right to withdraw consent to any Processing where we are relying on your consent to Process that Personal Data (this will not affect the lawfulness of any Processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal). For Website notifications, you can exercise your right to opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of each email.
To exercise any of your rights set out above please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and Complaints
If you have a concern or complaint about this Notice or how we have used your Personal Data, please raise this in writing to us via:
CARRICK THERAPEUTICS LIMITED
Regus Dublin Blanchardstown
Block 1, Blanchardstown Corporate Park
Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 D15 AKK1
If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Personal Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to a data protection authority.
Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right to change this Notice as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website.
|Controller||A party that determines the purposes and means of Processing.|
|Personal Data||Information which relates to an identified or identifiable individual (i.e. data about users of the Website). It includes information such as names, email addresses, account information when such information can be linked to an individual. Personal Data can also include web browsing information (e.g. data associated with a particular cookie) and IP addresses, when such information can be linked to an individual.|
|Process/ Processing||Doing anything with Personal Data; this includes collecting it, storing it, accessing it, combining it with other data, sharing it with a third party, or even deleting it.|